Crush & Burn by Lisa Gardner

Crush & Burn by Lisa Gardner
Genre: Mystery
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 3/5


Nicky Frank has been in a car accident but she only can think of finding her daughter Vero... but she has no children... This is her third mysterious accident, and she didn't remember anything, including her name. What is happening to her? Who wants to harm her?
Sergeant Wyatt Foster doesn't know what to think about this case, who is really Vero? Is she missing? Is Nicky telling the truth?

"I dreamed the first time I saw you,' he murmurs, his voice low and husky. "I spotted you accross the proverbial crowded room. You weren't looking at me at all. But I saw you and I... I felt I'd waited my whole life just for that moment. To find you. You consumed me, Nicky. You still do."

This is the first time I read something from the writer Lisa Gardner, this is a mystery book with some original twists, but sometimes is a little bit boring and repetitive. I missed some knowledge about Wyatt's personal life and his coworkers... However, I know this is the problem when you start reading a series on the third book...
We know Nicky only wants to know the truth, she doesn't want to harm anyone but maybe Vero is the one that wants to harm her...
Lisa Gardner's book reminds me of Sophie Hannah, they way both of them evolve their characters and with the mystery plots behind the simple life and the secrets that haunt them...
This crash will leave you with some fire smell... ready to fly Vero?

Labels: , ,