The Wacky Man by Lyn G. Farrell

The Wacky Man by Lyn G. Farrell
Genre: Fiction
Source: Legend Press
Rating: 5/5


This is the story of Amanda May...

"Look at me, sat here with the curtains permanently closed, keeping out the lights and the nosy neighbours. I live inside this room. It's never day or night or morning or afternoon. It's just something o'clock. I can feel the eyes watching me - all bloody peeking up, trying to cop a look. So I sit on the floor, in the dust."

Amanda May doesn't have an easy life, she's young but has lived more experiences than she should. Her story is not easy to read, but you will be stuck into it, wanting to know more.
If you are searching for an easy read, this book is not for you; this is an intense and sad voyage on Amanda's life, but it will not leave you indifferent.
You will read this book as an Amanda's guest, she will share with you her experiences and stories; her childhood, her parents relationship.... you will feel the same pain and fear as herself.
Lyn G. Farrell won the 2015 Luke Bitmead Bursary Award with this book, but I am sure it will not be the only award she wins. This is one of these books that you will recommend to everyone, is choking, scaring and sad, but Amanda's story has to be shared, to guide all of the Amanda May's in the world without the voice to ask for help.
This is the first book of Lyn G. Farrell but I liked so much The Wacky Man that I will be waiting for her next book!
Are you scared of The Wacky Man?

Labels: ,