Florence Grace by Tracy Rees - #QuercusSummer

This month is the turn to Florence Grace by Tracy Rees to enjoy a few days of holidays thanks to @Quercus and ♯QuercusSummer!
Florence took a trip to London by ferry...


And she was so lucky that she met a giant friend.. the ♯bfg!


If you are in London you have visit the Kew Gardens, of course!


And if you are thirsty, the best drink is beer! ;)


Florence Grace by Tracy Rees
Genre: Historical Fiction
Source: Quercus
Rating: 4/5

Florrie Bluckley's life will change forever after knowing that she is related to the wealthy family the Graces in London. There will be a lot of changes in her life, not all of them for good... will it be worth the change? Grace will have to be brave and enter to Grace's world.

""I was young a hundred years ago or more now," she said and I was almost sure she was teasing, "but I remember the first time I thought I was in love. I have learned a lot about it in the meantime. Don't be in too great a hurry to rush towards your destiny.""

I have to say I am not a big fan of historical fiction, but this book will be the exception, Tracy Rees has created a powerful woman that against all the adversities she faces, never loses her heart and persist with her beliefs.
I have to say this is one of the few books I have read that I loved the main character, she is resolute in her thoughts but never despise anyone, even if they deserve it! We all would have to be more like Florence! And she always fights for her feelings, but knows when she has lose the battle...
If you read this book, you will not only love Florence, you will want to take care of Sanderson, the handsome cousin who is not quite lucky in his life... or love Calantha, a young beautiful woman who just wants love... but I don't have any good words for Mr. Turlington!
Don't doubt to immerse yourself in the Cornwall cliffs and let Florrie Buckley delight you with her adventures.
Will we meet Florence Grace in a new adventure? I hope so! ;)

Labels: , ,