Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda

Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 4/5
Amazon


Mia and Paul are driving to their favourite cottage to celebrate their best day ever... they are wealthy, in love and have a beautiful family... What could go wrong?

"The sun blasts through my driver's side window with such intensity I feel urge to hold my hand up to the side of my face to shield my eyes, even though my sunglasses are dark and should be doing the job. Under any other circumstances, on any other day, they would be, I know. But today, something is different between us; some strange tension pulses through the still air of the car's interior. I cannot see it, but it's here. I'd like to name it. Discover its source and eliminate it."

As we start reading the "Best Day Ever" we notice that there's something obscure with this "perfect couple". Paul, the husband, seems to have a lot of secrets and is being quite dictatorial with his wife, but at the same time it looks like he loves her and is concerned about her healthy... or is this just appearance?
This is a gripping and chilling story, where in every page we turn the fear grows inside us...
The story is told by Paul, we could read his thoughts and memories, but as we read more and more, his thoughts are darker and we start fearing about Mia's life... is he ready to kill or it's simply a bad feeling we have?
This is not just a psychological thriller, it's a sneak peak to devious mind, without feelings, love or care for anyone except himself. Be prepared to bite your nails as the end of the book approaches, because there's a surprise at the end of the night, and I am sure you don't want to miss it!
Ready for the Best Day Ever?

Labels: , , , ,