The Garden Of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman

The Garden Of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman
Genre: Fiction, Romance
Source: Little Brown
Rating: 5/5
Amazon


"It's been more than three years since my husband died, yet in many ways he's more useful than ever. True, he's not around to take the trash, but he's great to bitch while I'm doing it myself, and he's generally excellent company, invisibility notwithstanding. "

When you loose the love of your life in front of your eyes, to continue living is more painful than dying.
Lilian loved her husband very much, but thanks to the love of her two little daughters and her sister she breathes and survives everyday, but is not ready to be happy. Suddenly, for work she will have to assist to some botanical classes and everything will start to change... is she ready to be happy again?
I don't have words to describe how beautiful and inspiring this read has been; witty, funny and tender at the same time I loved every page. 
This has been one of those books that I felt chemistry since the first page, I could understand the characters like there were real and felt moved by their feelings and thoughts. Because Lilian has lost her husband, but who hasn't lost someone important in their life and is scared and ashamed to smile or be happy again? Lilian, with her humour and tenderness will show us that even in the darkest moments there's a light at the end of the tunnel, we have to heal, step by step, but that when we are ready, we could be happy again.
Let me say that it has been really original reading the garden ideas at the end of each chapter, I just missed some seeds to start my own garden right now! ;)
This is a beautiful read that will make you smile in the worst moments, take a chance with Lilian, she is worth it.
Ready to create your own garden?

Labels: , , ,