Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan

Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan
Genre: Mystery, Crime
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 3/5



Margot Lewis is a school teacher and has a consult column called Dear Amy, she normally receives some weird letters, but receiving a letter from a girl who was kidnapped 20 years ago, all her red alerts advise her that maybe she's alive... After going to the police and that no one is interested, she starts asking questions... Who is writing this letters and more important, why now?


"I would go into Heffers and buy myself a new novel. I would choose one packed with incident, erudition and sex, in a shiny dust jacket. It would be pleasantly heavy in my bag as I walked to my car, and when I got home I would cuddle up on the sofa with it, with a packet of biscuits and a bottle of wine, and read it right through. It would be a sensual pleasure."

Helen Callaghan brilliantly connects two stories in just one book, the pain and fear of a kidnapped girl who knows that her days are counted; and the race against Margot's clock, trying to help the police with the strange letters she is receiving from Bethany Avery.

This is a book for puzzle lovers, you have to try and decipher the mystery; there are some hidden clues in all the book, will you discover the truth before the end?
Dear Amy like a good mystery book has some twists, but I would love to have a little bit more background of the kidnapper and how Margot faces the truth about the letters.
Take a sick day, make a cup of tea and enjoy "Dear Amy" in your favourite armchair, some columns are worth the read!
Do you remember your teen years?

Labels: , ,