Greatest Hits by Laura Barnett

Greatest Hits by Laura Barnett
Genre: Fiction
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 5/5


This is not just a story, it's the life of Cass Wheeler and while you are reading her memories you will start listening and feeling her emotions inside you. I just can dream listening to Cass life songs, it has to be an amazing experience, two of my favourite pleasures together, music and books!

"You don't sing to feel better. You sing 'cause that's a way of understanding life." August Wilson, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom

This is quite an original book, we start reading Cass' present and song by song we discover her past; childhood, love life and motherhood. Cass' life hasn't been easy, but she learns to live with her problems, ambitions and happiness.
I don't want to make any spoilers, Greatest Hits is one of the 2017 books you must read, a bittersweet story where music can transmit feelings and emotions that sometimes we don't have words to explain.
I liked the first book of Laura Barnett, The Versions of Us, but this one is my favourite, Cass showed me that when you have a dream you have to pursue till it comes true, it's not easy, but if you work, there's nothing that can stop you.
I am not a compositor, but I love music, that's maybe why I loved so much this book, every one of my favourite songs has a memory coat on them... 
- The Universal by Blur, my first cassette, the happiness of buying the song you like and listening it for the first time.
- New Born by Muse, walking to the Sitges Festival as a volunteer, an amazing experience!
- Dreams by Imagine Dragons the song of my pregnancy, the happiness, scary and all the mixed feelings that I had!
And I can go on and on with all my favourite songs! :) 
Do you have your life soundtrack?

Labels: , , , ,