My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella


My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
Genre: Chic Lit
Rating: 4'5/5

Katie Brenner dreams with the perfect life in London; fashion restaurants, a chic wardrobe and the perfect job. But for now, she doesn't have the money for a coffee, she buys cheap clothes and shares a little flat with two more people. When one day her boss decides to kick her out, she doesn't have any other choice to return home, at the country side. Will this be the end of her dream or just a pause?

"Her roots. The special, perfect project is doing her roots.
I feel like the wave has dumped on me. I'm soaked, bedraggled, seaweed-strewn, a total loser. Let's face it: she didn't even come out of her office looking especially for me. Does she actually, properly know who I am?"

I have to admit I have read a few of the Sophie Kinsella books, and this one didn't disappoint me, it's funny, fresh and it made me smile, what more do I need?
Katie dreams of a better life, the "perfect life", and truly, who doesn't dream about it? But she has to learn that "perfect" doesn't exist, and the things that you see are not always what they are... Her horrible boss maybe has a "perfect" public life, but when she starts knowing her discovers that there's always something behind...
I really admire Katie positivity, she knows that her life would improve, she just need her moment. I think we all should learn about her positive mind, when something bad happens to me I just want to hide under the duvet, and instead she fights more for her dreams! I will have to steal some of her energy...!
Just one advice before you start reading this book, put your mobile in silence, pick up a duvet and a comfy sofa, because once you started you will not be able to put it down! ;)

Labels: , ,