Rattle by Fiona Cummings - Book Review

Rattle by Fiona Cummings
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Rating: 4'5/5
Amazon


There's a Boogie Man haunting little children and no one knows how to stop him, he has a mission in life, follow his family tradition, and I think death is the only thing that will make him quit his vocation...

"'I don't usually walk this way,' the man had said, his dog noising the backs of his legs. He pointed to the ballet case, its pale pink outline visible agains the ground.
Fitzroy had started at the name sticker peeling now after days in the damp and cold, but still clinging defiantly to the leather.
'Get forensics here now,' she had shouted, and the woods had echoed with her fear."

Rattle is a thriller that will haunt your dreams and will be hiding on every dark corner to rattle your bones. Be prepared for the most terrifying read of this year.
I have to admit that while I was reading Rattle, sometimes I closed the book to stop the fear growing inside me. No one deserves to loose a child, just the thought of not knowing where is my child scares me, imagine that someone has abducted your little one...
Reading this book was a race against the clock, frightened of knowing what will happen next and not seeing a clear end for Clara or Jakey... will they survive the Collector?
In this book we will not find happy families, all the characters are haunted by their problems and their past, but it will be on their hands to change the future that's waiting for them. Even the lead detective Etta has her own problems and nightmares... but this makes the book more real and touchy.
I was quite surprised with the ending (of course no spoilers!), so I can't wait to read the next book by Fiona Cummings. I just can say that if you are searching for a good read this Halloween, this is for you!
Are you scared of the Boogie Man?

Labels: , , , ,